There are plenty of providers that can offer you top of the line home security systems, but if you’re looking for some other alternatives for protecting that house, you’ll find plenty here.
Below are five additional ways you can safeguard the home:
1. Ask the police. These guys are going to have all the information you need about crime in your area and how best to protect yourself. You should give them a call. May turn out that you don’t have much to worry about.
2. Buy a new door. Oddly enough, many home invasions happen through the front door and a dedicated intruder can make short work of an old, wooden door. Slab doors are pretty sturdy and decently priced.
3. Exterior lighting. You can get these now with motion-detecting sensors that will shine a light on any interlopers. Man or beast.
4. Get a dog. Dogs make good early warning signs because their keen sense of hearing can often detect an approaching vehicle or person before they even reach your front door.
5. The last resort. It’s called the last resort because it’s not the safest – a firearm. If you decide to go this route, you must get the proper training and make sure you keep it properly stored and locked away.